At the On the Dot Excellence Awards, Arend Kotzé, On the Dot Group CEO, praised his colleagues and thanked all the nominees who had excelled in their areas of expertise, helping to create a customer-centric environment and ensure the continued success of the business.
"We operate in an exciting environment - our business is diverse, time sensitive and as such we deal with constant deadlines. Our staff performs under extreme pressure; luckily we have passionate people working at On the Dot who always strive for excellence. This is has led to the success of our business and therefore we use this opportunity to thank them and really show them our appreciation for the excellent contribution they make," says Kotzé.
The On the Dot Excellence Awards were created last year with the aim of recognising both teams and individuals for their performance.
According to Kotzé the awards were designed in such a way so as to encourage staff participation by acknowledging both peers and colleagues. Finalists were selected from a list of approximately 240 nominations obtained directly from On the Dot employees around the country.
"We hope that these awards motivate the recipients to constantly improve their work and encourage peers to do the same. It's important for staff to be motivated as we have a duty to our clients to provide them with the best possible service and as we grow our business we need to ensure that our service levels increase together with our increasing service offering" says Kotzé.
The awards evening was held at The Venue in Melrose Arch where guests were entertained by comedian Rob van Vuuren as the host MC as well as a world champion Adagio dance duo.
On the Dot takes care of more than 70% of all magazine distribution, 50% of all newspapers, almost 46% of book distribution, a growing share of consumer electronic products, and 36% of leaflet distribution in South Africa and has amazing growth capacity. Around 70 million magazine and newspaper subscription deliveries are serviced by internal experts in a year. On the Dot is also involved in the logistics of consumer electronic products which complement the content creation industry as media consumption devices.On the Dot category winners:
- Admin support person of the year - Charmaine Petzer
- Best contact centre agent (sales & retention) - Veroushka Limberg
- Best customer service representative (inbound) - Carlyn Michaels
- Best Route/DC assistant - Wilfred America
- Contractor of the year - Job Velaphi Mpanza
- Credit controller of the year - Valene Fitzgibbon
- Distribution service delivery agent/ representative of the year - Marvin Matthews
- Excellence in innovation/ suggestion of the year - Mari Beukes
- Internal trainer of the year - Marina Groenewald
- Key account achiever of the year - Rika Swart
- Marketer of the year - Susan Erwee
- Merchandiser of the year - Thomas Khoza
- Superleague Award for 2010 - Voroshski Jansen
- Route representative of the year - Ravi Bhima
- Shared services value add award - Josephine Anthony
- Street seller of the year - S'thembiso Goodwil Nkosi
- Team leader of the year - Koelsum Emeran
- Team of the year - Cycad
for more information.