Image by Ran_Hsu from Pixabay
“We are encouraging our hotel teams to be creative during this year’s Earth Hour. The team at the central office will be keeping an eye on our energy dashboard to see how much less energy we have used during this time,” says Lindiwe Sangweni-Siddo, chief operating officer.
She adds: “While Earth Hour aims to raise awareness of the many issues the planet is facing in a fun and simple way, at City Lodge Hotel Group, there are numerous ways in which conserving the planet is placed alongside people and profit in importance, in our ‘triple bottom line’ of sustainability. Our guests love being involved too, and know that a stay with us is a lighter footprint on the environment.”
The group’s 'sustainabili-tree' mirrors its logo, with sustainability integrated into operations and branching off in several directions at once, including:
- Water and energy conservation
- Waste reduction
- Solar power at 25 hotels
- Amenities with no single-use plastics
- Community upliftment projects to help those in need
- Animal anti-cruelty with commitment to cage-free eggs
- Technology to reduce paper while offering safe, contactless operations
- Courtyard Hotel Waterfall City awarded four-star rating for hotel design from the Green Building Council of SA
For a snapshot of the group's 'sustainabili-tree' initiatives, click here
Special rates to look out for when you book your stay with us, with more detail online on www.clhg.com
- Easter Holidays Special runs from 29 March 2021 to 11 April 2021 and offers rates around the country to make your travel budget go further.
- Woza Friday offers greatly discounted rates all year round when booked on the last Friday of the month, which in March is this Friday, 26 March 2021
- WKND Special has great rates on offer every weekend for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights.
- #YourPrivateOffice offering is ideal for those needing a professional space in which to work for the day. Certain rooms have their large work desks set up conference-style to cater for guests needing to boost productivity. Day guests have access to tea and coffee making facilities, secure parking, fast and reliable Wi-Fi, air-conditioning and, most importantly, peace and quiet.