Social Media Community Manager
|Remuneration:||R10000 - R15000 per month |
|Type:|| 12 months|
Job descriptionWe are looking for a social media community manager to place in a well established and forward-thinking camping, hiking and outdoor brand with HQ in the Cape Town City Bowl.
The right candidate is passionate about the boundary-pushing difference that great copywriting and skilful online relationship building can play in cutting edge social media community.
management across all social media channels.
IRL you’re an outdoors enthusiast and gear-and-gadget lover and engaged with like-minded communities, you’re helpful by nature, and focused and comfortable working online in a progressive corporate team environment where attention to detail is vital.
This position is a fixed-term contract with the opportunity for the right candidate to progress to permanent employment in a progressive company committed to investing in employee training and looking for dynamic individuals to grow within this well-established business and great work environment.
Qualifications and work experience
- You have a degree or diploma, a portfolio of published copywriting
- editorial features, and a minimum of two to three years of work experience using social media.
- Copywriting, journalistic or editorial experience, and social media experience
- An understanding of brand personality and connecting with brand fams on social media in the appropriate persona is a talent you demonstrate with panache
- You have an avid interest in the future of ‘Social Media Community Management’ as an exciting emerging field, and bring an exciting repertoire of possibilities for what can be done in practice in this field
- Social Media Customer Relationship Skills
- You’re a creative thinker with the ability to develop ideas into
- You’re comfortable working at the interface between the e-commerce and customer care departments
- You’re adept at strategically stepping back from an ongoing stream of customer-experience conversations on social media to identify further strategic opportunities and clever ways in which to grow a community and committed relationships
- You’re excited to be part of a team on respected brands that are
bringing in community managers for the first time, to building this key performance area to be known for ongoing innovation, and to of award-winning calibre
- Excellent communication, teamwork and relationship building skills
- Strong and sensitive social skills on- and offline
- Willingness to experiment
- Ability to deal with uncertainty
- Decision maker
- Sense of Humour
- Community engagement and customer support
- Digital content planning, research and social media monitoring
- Content creation and curation
- Events – (providing marketing support at events)
- Administration – reporting
Requirements Please note: In order to apply for this and other internships, please click on the apply button which will take you to the interns' platform - www.trustedinterns.co.za. Register your profile, and once approved, you can go ahead and apply.
Posted on 07 Jun 08:46