French Speaking Part Time Consultant
|Remuneration:||negotiable market-related |
|Remote work:||Only remote work|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Type:|| 1 year|
Zodiac Marketing is seeking to fill a position of a part-time consultant in Africa. The consultant will serve as a professional resource to the export interest of the poultry and egg industry.
The candidate must speak French as they will manage French countries in sub-Saharan Africa which will include a broad range of responsibilities, including trade access, marketing and advertising programs.
The candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration access businesses and borders.
- Oversee marketing programs and budgets with South Africa and agencies abroad. In additional, evaluated and monitor overall program performance on an ongoing basis to ensure compliance.
- Monitor the French markets and programs to ensure smooth trade flows, marketing programs and ensure consistency in messaging and branding for various programs.
- Promote regional client events to importers in the region to increase participation. The candidate will also be required to represent clients at events, trade shows and other activities.
- Work with traders on technical issues impacting trade in Africa.
- Serve as a liaison for Zodiac Marketing, ensuring market information and contacts are kept up-to-date.
- Perform related duties as required or deemed appropriate to accomplish the clients responsibilities and functions of the position
A degree in international business, agri-business, business administration, marketing and advertising is preferred but not required, with a minimum of five years work experience. Must have a good track record and suitable references.
This is a remote position and the candidate must reside in Johannesburg, South Africa. The candidate is also required to have a home or mobile office already set up, with suitable equipment to perform the job (no additional equipment or business costs will be covered).
Working hours are flexible as long as relevant deadlines are met. The candidate will also be expected to travel to several countries in sub-Saharan Africa with a minimum of 7 days and a maximum of 9 days. Travel may require work over the weekend, depending on the event or activity. Travel will require meetings in foreign countries with government and industry, this will include retail and open market visits.
Candidates will be paid a set for for travel and work carried out while out of the country. The client will cover all travel-related costs which includes visas, flights, hotels, insurance, accommodation, meals, taxi's etc.
Candidates are requested to submit a covering letter with consulting fee requirements together with a resume no longer than 5 pages and must include 3 suitable references.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities includes: -
- Applicant must be fluent in French and English, they must speak, read and write both languages in order to perform the job appropriately.
- Must be self-driven and able to plan travel schedules ahead of trip to the region, despite some challenges in Francophone regions.
- Exceptional leadership, strategy development and problem-solving skills, as well as project management.
- In addition, outstanding communication skills are requirement - analytical, project management and planning skills are necessary.
- Strong track record of successfully management multiple projects simultaneously. Highly organise and detail-orientated.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise and to work collaboratively and collegially with a diverse team in a fast-paced environment.
- Give meaningful input into the development of marketing strategies and activities.
- Must keep detailed contact lists updated at all times and may from time-to-time require additional work to ensure details are accurate and correct.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- The candidate must be comfortable working with a variety of cultures and people across Africa.
Works on trade policy and market access in agribusiness sector, also cover strategic planning, PR, marketing and events for industry.
Posted on 18 Jan 15:20, Closing date 20 Feb