"We are at the cutting edge and therefore we continue to find ways to improve our home-grown apps and create an engaging reading experience," said Bryan Hooley, Business Development Manager - Digital at On the Dot.The MySubs v3.0 app includes the following additional features:
- My Subs Mobile Library layout listing editions by Title, Date, Newspaper, Magazine as well as an all encompassing "All" option (NEW on iPad)
- Vector graphic quality and scalability (NEW - iPad and iPhone)
- Article detection option when text view is available (NEW - iPad and iPhone)
- NEW iPad Information and Help menu options
- NEW Zooming features (Accurate to position when zooming in and double finger zoom out)
- Multi-threading to increase performance while downloading and reading (NEW - iPad and iPhone)
- Optimised memory management to minimise the possibility of application crashes (NEW - iPad and iPhone)
- Orientation to landscape across the entire app - double page view when reading
"Monthly mobile usage on MySubs has more than doubled from May to June and 66% of our mobile users read on their iPad or iPhone. We believe that our clients will enjoy the benefits of the new improved app," said Hooley.
Significant performance improvements have been achieved by taking advantage of the new iOS multi-threading features. This, in addition to a new library layout and various interface refinements, guarantees a highly compelling user experience across both newspapers and magazines.
"While the South African market lags other developing markets in terms of digital content adoption, we have seen exponential growth in digital subscription sales over the past year," said Ryan Morison, Digital Strategist at On the Dot, "Our digital subscriptions grew from 4% of total subscription sales at the beginning of the year to over 60% by the end of the first half".
For information on listing your titles on www.mysubs.co.za
Business Development Manager - Digital
Tel: +27 (0)21 929 2712
Or simply go to www.mysubs.co.za
to subscribe to any of our listed titles and enjoy the unique digital reading experience. MySubs is the online subscription service of On the Dot, the leading multi-channel media logistics company in South Africa. On the Dot distribute more than 70% of all magazines; 50% of newspapers; almost 46% of books and 36% of leaflets in South Africa.