Junior Learning Developer
|Remuneration:||R6000 - R13500 per month |
|Type:|| 12 months|
Job descriptionYou will be part of a team that creates custom e-learning solutions that combine creative design, educational content and intuitive learning technology, for a sophisticated learner experience. We work with some of the top organisations, and our approach is grounded in service, creativity and premium value. This means it’s important for us to work with colleagues who are service-oriented, open-minded, and truly proud of the work they do.
Learning developer role
As a learning developer, your main role will be to work with learning designers and content creators to develop world-class learning packages using authoring tools and other learning technologies, in accordance with client requirements and budgets. You will work in a key role within the academic office to create learning packages and courses and will be responsible for developing creative ideas, encouraging innovative thinking, researching new approaches/systems, and contributing towards raising the standard of the company’s educational content output. This means that we are looking for someone hungry to continue learning and experimenting while encouraging the same drive in others.
1.) Responsible and accountable for technical learning development using our learning technology stack.
2.) Responsible for UI design for learning in collaboration with the graphic design team, the User Experience team and the Learning Design team.
- Articulate Rise: expert learning development (implementation) in Articulate Rise. This includes identifying and suggesting appropriate interactions based on the nature of the learning content.
- Articulate Storyline: learning development (implementation) in Articulate Storyline. This includes creating learner-friendly interactions and slide designs that foster learning.
- Moodle (or other Learning Management Systems): learning development (implementation) in Moodle course environments, according to project needs.
- Responsible and accountable for setting and maintaining technical quality standards for learning materials and packages in collaboration with the Learning Designer on the project.
- Accountable for conducting thorough quality assurance on learning storyboards, Rise and Storyline packages, and Moodle course rooms.
- Accountable for ensuring courses and learning packages follow best practice in terms of technology-enhanced learning.
3.) Responsible for adding to the team’s knowledge bank where possible
- Responsible for creating learning templates in Articulate Rise and Storyline
- Responsible for creating reusable templated interactions in Articulate Storyline for greater efficiency within the functional team
4.) Responsible for developing relevant soft skills, such as communication, collaboration, managing expectations, and giving timely feedback to project managers
Our ideal candidate has the following skills/experience
This is a 12-month internship with the possibility of being made permanent.
- A qualification in graphic design or equivalent
- Experience with Articulate Storyline, Articulate Rise, Moodle, or other learning technologies (advantageous)
- Zero to two years’ experience in a relevant field
- Knowledge of design principles (web design or graphic design)
- Creative problem-solving approach
- Strong language and writing skills
- A passion for technology and education – the ideal candidate should geek out about creating learning packages that are effective and polished
Requirements Please note: In order to apply for this and other internships, please click on the apply button which will take you to the interns' platform - www.trustedinterns.co.za. Register your profile, and once approved, you can go ahead and apply.
Posted on 07 Jun 08:44