Mobile App and Web Solution Tester
|Remuneration:||R10000 - R15000 per month |
|Type:|| 6 Months|
Job descriptionWe are a globally award-winning, venture-funded med-tech start-up, based in Sandton JHB. Our team is deeply passionate about adding value and creating efficiencies for the medical professionals, patients and healthcare organisations we serve. We seek individuals who share these ideals, and who are looking to positively impact the country’s healthcare system.
We have a new vacancy for a full-time Mobile App and Web Solution Tester.
The mobile app and web solution tester is responsible for testing the mobile and web-based solutions developed by us. The tester must ensure a high level of quality in the solution by ensuring that all aspects of the solution are tested, and feedback is provided to the design and development team. The key outcome or measure of success is to have no errors in a release that goes to production.
Skills/Attribute of candidate:
- Develop and execute testing for diverse projects to successfully and consistently deliver high-quality software products and services on time, on budget, and to specification.
- Identify opportunities to apply automation or other tools to improve the effectiveness or efficiency of testing.
- Suggest process improvements that enable efficient delivery and maintenance.
- Work with project managers, technical leads, and subject matter experts to plan and execute functional and system tests.
- Construct, execute, and document test plans and test cases/scripts including regression, integration, certification, and load testing as appropriate in a manner consistent with team standards.
- Report issues and results, researching and identifying root causes as appropriate and ensure they are addressed.
- Ensure that testing addresses requirements as agreed with other stakeholders.
- Identify areas where it is an advantage to work with other teams to improve overall quality and, with peers or others, implement initiatives improving testing capability and efficiency.
- Maintain industry awareness by evaluating emerging trends/technology.
- Participate in project reviews, ensuring review criteria are defined, and implement procedures for ensuring quality control of project deliverables.
- Cooperate in the enhancement of the methodologies employed for test planning and execution, defect tracking, and metric and status reporting.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives and implementation of best practices.
- Participate as needed in initiatives to identify and implement tools and utilities that enhance testing capabilities and product quality.
Experience (would be added bonus, not required):
- Attention to detail.
- Good verbal skills.
- Good written skills/documentation.
- Basic project management skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Good research skills.
- Good oral and written communication.
- Mobile (Native Android and iOS) and Web Testing knowledge
- Knowledge of QA methodologies.
- Knowledge of process improvement.
- Understanding of the software development process.
- Ability to conduct QA testing on moderate-scale projects.
- Constructing and executing test plans/test cases.
- Understanding of automation/other tools that increase testing efficiency.
- Anything qualification in the technical, software, engineering or IT space
- First prize would be a Degree/B Tech – Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent
Requirements Please note: In order to apply for this and other internships, please click on the apply button which will take you to the interns' platform - www.trustedinterns.co.za. Register your profile, and once approved, you can go ahead and apply.
Posted on 28 May 13:13